About Sports Podiatry at Sportreat & TotaLife Care
Sports Podiatry is a branch of Podiatric Medicine that deals in the diagnosis,
treatment and prevention of foot / lower limb injuries in sport and exercise.
This may include treatments such as joint mobilisation; injection therapy, soft tissue manipulation, advanced
biomechanical assessments, foot orthotic therapy, conditioning of the lower extremities, and footwear prescription
Because of the competitive nature of sport, the primary aim of Sports Podiatry is to return the patient to their former
level of function as soon as practically possible. This is for the professional, elite, and amateur athlete,
as well as those who have sustained injuries in day-to-day life.
We are proud to have Jason Rzepecki as our Sports Podiatrist.
To book an appointment with him, please give us a call on 08 9438 2400!
Common foot & lower limb
- Plantar Fasciitis (Pain under the heel)
- Achilles Tendonitis (Pain at the back of the heel/ankle)
- Arch and Instep Pain
- Forefoot Pain (Bunions, Toe Deformity, Morton’s Neuroma & Metatarsalgia)
- Ankle Pain (Tibialis Posterior Tendonitis, Ankle Sprains and Instability)
- Lower Leg Pain (Shin Splints & Calf Muscle Strain)
- Knee Pain (Patello-femoral Maltracking Syndrome, Ilio-tibial Band Friction Syndrome, & Patella Tendonitis)
- Hip Pain (Greater Trochanteric Bursitis)
- Lower Back Pain due to Limb Length Difference and Foot Function.
A Sports Podiatrist consults many foot
and lower limb complaints in children
- Heel Pain (Sever’s Disease)
- Knee Pain (Osgood Schlatter’s Syndrome)
- Intoed Gait (Pigeon toed)
- Flat Feet
- Generalised Foot, Ankle & Leg Pain during and after sport.