by Terreen Stenvers.
Delicious suggestion for a healthy meal option from our Dietitian, Terreen Stenvers.
Thai Beef Salad
From the CSIRO total wellbeing diet.
800g rump steak (raw wt)
1 tablespoon olive oil
100g baby spinach leaves
1 red capsicum, seeded and finely sliced
1 ½ cups beansprouts
4 spring onions , finely chopped
½ cup coriander leaves
2 tablespoons chopped mint
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 glove garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- Heat a grill plate or barbeque grill to hot.
- Brush meat with oil and cook for 3-4 min each side for med-rare, or cooked until your liking.
- Place steaks in a warm place, or cover with foil, set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Slice meat across the grain into thin strips.
- Place beef and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad, then toss gently and serve immediately.