Clinical Pilates, takes the originally developed Pilates (by Joseph Pilates) to a whole new level. It focuses on improving movement, strength and control all while taking into account an individual’s injuries, pathologies and specific physical needs.
Our staff uses their existing physiotherapy knowledge and specific Pilates training, to adjust, modify and specifically choose
exercises that meet your individual needs, based on your clinical assessment.
Utilising specialist reformer equipment, the primary focus is to optimise muscle recruitment and efficiency during functional
tasks to reduce pain, improve movement and promote a strong and healthy body.
It is suitable for people of all ages and the benefits include:
- Faster recovery from injury
- Increased muscle strength and length
- Greater resistance to injury
- Improved posture, flexibility, balance, control and overall wellbeing
Who is Clinical Pilates suitable for?
Clinical Pilates is a safe and highly efficient workout for people of all ages, including pregnant women and the elderly.
Pilates has been used successfully in the rehabilitation of conditions such as:
- Back and neck pain
- Arthritis and Osteoporosis management
- Prenatal, Antenatal and Postnatal
- Postural problems
- Pelvic and hip pain
- Post-operative strengthening
- Work injuries
- Chronic pain management
- Sports-related strength & conditioning
- Hypermobility disorder
- Enhancing movement including agility and flexibility
- Balance retraining
- Injury prevention for elite athletes, dancers, runners, golf players & sports people